In December 2008, Share International published a news release announcing that in the very near future a large, bright star would appear in the sky visible throughout the world, night and day, and that this ‘star’ would be a sign that Maitreya’s first major public appearance was imminent.
The following month, sightings of the ‘star’ began to be posted on YouTube, described in letters from readers of Share International, and reported in the media. Since early January 2009, hundreds of sightings of the star have been reported from all over the world.
In its January/February 2009 edition, Share International magazine published an article by Benjamin Creme’s Master — ‘Maitreya’s first interview‘ — in which He describes the significance of this miraculous ‘star’ and likens it to the star of Bethlehem at the birth of Jesus 2,000 years ago.
Sightings of the ‘star’ frequently show it rapidly changing colour, size and shape, as well as moving and pulsating.
Following hundreds of sightings of the star worldwide, Benjamin Creme announced at a lecture in London on 14 January 2010 that Maitreya had recently given his first television interview, on a major US television network, inaugurating his public work.
How does one recognize the ‘star’?
“It behaves in a way no other celestial object does.” — Benjamin Creme
- Unlike normal stars, it resides in our Earth’s atmosphere
- It can move, spin, pulsate and blink
- It can change size and shape (e.g. round, diamond, hexagonal)
- It can change position in the sky
- It can get closer, and recede, at speed
- It is very bright and sometimes the only star visible
- It can radiate bright colours, often in quick succession
- It has been sighted day and night
- It can respond to thought: it has been known to appear and move when asked
- Several witnesses have even seen all four ‘stars’ together
- It is seen all over the world